You can watch the whole video on how to make this Indian Shakshuka on Youtube.
Shakshuka(Masala Poached egg) is a middle Eastern egg recipe made with eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce.
This is already popular in India and also commonly known as Masala Poached egg, Sunny Side Indian Egg or Half Fry Egg Indian. It is a version of eggs made sunny side up with a twist or Indian version of masala egg recipe. It is a very healthy breakfast egg recipe and can be easily made in 10 minutes.
You can never go wrong with watermelons & eggs.
- 1 person
- 5 minutes
- 5 minutes
- Onion(Finely Chopped) - 1
- Tomato(Finely Chopped) - 1
- Green Chilli(Finely Chopped) - 1
- Coriander Leaves(Finely Chopped) - 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Haldi Powder(Turmeric) - 1 tsp
- Lal Mirch Powder(Red Chilli) - 1 tbsp
- Jeera Powder(Cumin) - 1 tbsp
- Dhaniya Powder(Coriander) - 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Eggs - 3
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Heat the pan and add two spoons of oil
- Add onions and fry on medium flame for 3-4 minutes till golden brown colour starts appearing.
- When onions are fried, add ginger garlic paste and cook till raw smell of garlic doesn’t go away. This will take half a minute.
- Add Haldi(Turmeric), Lal Mirch(Red Chilli), Dhaniya(Coriander), Jeera(Cumin) Powder and fry for about 1 minute on medium flame.
- Add tomatoes and fry for about half a minute.
- Add salt and continue frying and mashing the tomatoes.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala and Dhaniya(Coriander) leaves. Keep on mashing.
- Make space/compartments/divisions for eggs and drop them over it.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog