You can watch the whole video on how to make this Kadai Chicken on Youtube.
Chicken Kadai/ Chicken Kadahi / Chicken Kadhai / Chicken Karahi is a popular Chicken dish in the India, Nepal, Pakistan & Bangladesh. This is a very easy recipe that anybody can cook in 30 minutes for Dhaba and Restaurant taste.
Usually for cooking Kadai Chicken, all the spices are roasted and then powdered. But we’ll use only those ingredients which are easily available in any Indian kitchen.
- 4 person
- 5 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Chicken(Curry Cut) - 1/2 kg
- Onion(Finely Chopped) - 2
- Tomato(Finely Chopped) - 2
- Green Chilli - 2
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Mustard Oil
- Jeera(Cumin) Seeds
- Tez Patta(Bay leaves) - 3
- Dal Chini(Cinamon) - 1
- Cloves -2
- Badi Elaichi(Cardamom) -2
- Small Elaichi(Cardamom) -4
- Coriander Leaves(Finely Chopped) - 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tbsp
- Haldi Powder(Turmeric) - 1/2 tbsp
- Lal Mirch Powder(Red Chilli) - 1 tbsp
- Jeera Powder(Cumin) - 1 tbsp
- Dhaniya Powder(Coriander) - 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Cashew Paste
- Salt as per taste
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Marinate the chicken using powdered spices, salt, curd, Ginger Garlic paste & oil.
- Keep the chicken in fridge for 30 minutes after marinating.
- Heat oil.
- When oil is heated, add Cumin, Bay leaves, Clove, Cardamom.
- Add onions and cook on high flame, till onions becomes golden brown
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Add all the powdered spices(except Garam Masala) and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Add tomatoes and fry for a while.
- Add salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook chicken for 15 minutes on low flame
- Add Cashew Paste & Green Chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook chicken for 2 minutes on low flame
- Add half cup of water, and mix well.
- Add Garam Masala, and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish Kadai Chicken with coriander leaves.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog